Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an original Temple doll that belonged to my mom. Are…

I have an original Shirley...
I have an original Shirley Temple doll that belonged to my mom. Are they valuable??
3/15/2018
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hi, my name is*****'m a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? Please check the neck and body carefully for marks.

There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button.

If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos.

The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

Alternately, you can upload them to the free site www.imgur.com and post the link here.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you.

Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I will have to check when i get home. I keep her in my cedar chest......

No problem. There were many, many Shirley Temple dolls produced by various companies, so it really depends on which one it is. If you can get me some photos tonight, or at any other time, I'll get a notice that you've uploaded them, and I'll address this question first the next time I'm logged on.

I see that this question remains "open." How can I help you further? I strive to always provide five-star service.

I am happy to continue to work with you until you are completely satisfied.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Here are the pics of the doll and several old photo's my mom has in an old scrapbook. Let me know what you think.Thanks
Cathy
ST 2.jpgST 2.jpgST Back.jpgST Back.jpgST Face.jpgST Face.jpgST Joint attachments.jpgST Join...jpgST.jpgST.jpg
photo - Shirley Temple.jpg.zip
photo -...zip

Thank you I'll work on this right away.

Thanks.

This is a 16" composition Shirley Temple doll, made by Ideal.

In better condition, she would be worth around $300.00.

Unfortunately, there are some real issues with the wig--it's matted, and it looks like someone gave it a haircut around the front. There is also some breakage to the left eyelid, the joints are loose, and that doesn't seem to be an original dress.

As is, the value would be approximately $100.00.

If you have additional questions about this item, I am happy to continue working with you. Just continue our discussion in the reply box.

If I have answered all your questions and helped you, please rate my answer. I am not paid by the site until you do. It does not cost you anything more to rate the answer, and I will continue to be available if you have more questions on the item. Thank you.

At the top left above our post are a series of 5 stars. I always strive for 5 star service, but please rate as you feel is appropriate. However, if you are considering a low rating, please try to give me the opportunity to improve my service to you first!

If you’d like to request me for future questions, please put " for Jennifer only" in your post. I respond to requested questions first.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM