Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 saucers that say on the back: hand painted gold…

I have 2 saucers...

I have 2 saucers that say on the back: hand painted gold China, made in occupied Japan. any idea the worth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The are both different outdoor fall colors containing a stream. They were from 2 different estates, but, are similar. Almost could be the same stream, one with smaller trees and the other with the same placement of trees, but, larger growth. Very unique.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Rimmed in gold, no chips.

3/15/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A pair of cups and saucers that are hand-painted were made between 1945 to 1952

when the US was the occupying force in Japan and all items leaving the country

were required to have these marks.

These cups and saucers are valued at $20 to $25 per set.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> in the text of your question.