Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have an old 2 bladed knife. On one side it is stamped with…

Customer Question
I have an old...

I have an old 2 bladed knife. On one side it is stamped with the words Patent with Sharpe below that. there is also a number 510 on the same side. On the other side there is an inscription and I can only make out these words. "This knife is all possible non copper plated" More verbage follows but I cannot make it out.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

One of the two blades is a regular knofe blade. The other blade is rounded on one side and comes to a straight slot screwdriver point/ The knife is just a bit more than 3 inches long.

Submitted: 6 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/15/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 6 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

This is taking longer than I expected. I will try again tomorrow

No rush, any time is fine. ~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora