Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I would like to know the value of an old victor safe. It's…

I would like to...

I would like to know the value of an old victor safe. It's 42" tall 21 inches wide and 24" deep

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It says fire classification c category no. 633

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It says certified safe N. Vonawanda N.Y. made in USA

3/15/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Thank you for the images, please also add an image of the whole safe too.

~Nora

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

Your vintage Victor Safe of Tonawanda, NY dates to the 1930's and is done in the Art Deco aesthetic.

On today's market, this could sell for $600 - $800 at auction and retail for up to $2000.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora