Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/15/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is a porcelain plate in the Delft Rood (it just means the Delft Red pattern)

made by PZH Gouda of Holland for Angelo Aardewerk (Angelo Artwork) in shape 1037

with a date code (the stick figure mark) of 1948. The value of this plate is $50.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

I am new to this selling online. Can I expect to sell it on the sites you listed above for the value you stated?

I can't make guarantees, but this is an average price of recent sales of this

type of pottery plate from this era.

This is a rather dumb question...when I look at eBay, for example, I see a lot of vintage items for sale at certain prices but how do I know what has actually sold and for what negotiated price?

In the left-hand column, there are a series of filters you can select.

You want to select a bit far down, the Sold Items box and that will show a list of recently sold items in whatever search you are doing.

Rarewares
You have been so VERY helpful! THANK YOU!

You are so welcome!