Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

S only A pair of export chargers for your consideration - 12…

For Robert S onlyA pair...
For Robert S onlyA pair of export chargers for your consideration - 12 3/4 Round (across)Photos attachedThank you
1293 (6).jpg1293 (6).jpg1293 (5).jpg1293 (5).jpg1293 (4).jpg1293 (4).jpg1293 (3).jpg1293 (3).jpg1293 (2).jpg1293 (2).jpg1293 (1).jpg1293 (1).jpg
3/15/2018
Lindie-mod
I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Thank you for your patience.
Best,
Lindie
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
thank you
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Got these two, too.

Many thanks,
Robert.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you

Hi Matt,

This gold enameled and limited two-color famille rose palette is a rare combination and shows a sophistication of artistic refinement not typically seen with famille rose during this period where normally the Chinese decorators seemed to delight in gaudiness when it came to color, and determined that "more is more". Particularly, so, since this novel type of enamel (referred to at the time as yangcai meaning 'colors for foreigners') allowed for a vastly increased range of both color saturation and hue.

It's generally believed that these designs with a cavetto diaper band and three way symmetry on the border -but without a rim band- date to the second quarter of the 1700s, so Yongzheng (1723-1735) period or early Qianlong.

• A fine pair of Chinese export porcelain platters or chargers, circa 2nd quarter 1700s (Yongzheng or early Qianlong) painted in a two color palette of famille rose and embellished with extensive gold enameling, having a central floral arrangement dominated by a large blossom of tree peony (mudan) in magenta framed in a cavetto band of lattice diaper in gold, edged with red lines, and containing four floral reserves, the border painted with three vining bouquets of mudan peonies en suite. 12-3/4" dia.

Auction value range: $1,200 - $1,750. Full retail/replacement/insurance value: $3,500.

Hope this does the trick.

Best wishes,
Robert.

Robert S.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank youFor some reason this answer did not show up in my inbox like the othersMuch appreicated
Robert S.
Robert S.