Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

This is a hard one! I got it at an estate sale of the man…

This is a hard one...
This is a hard one! I got it at an estate sale of the man that did it. It is a taxidermy bass head he caught in the 40's and 3 Lures Heddon Head-On Basser I know they are collectible. it all is mounted to a board along with a original book he wrote 1 of 15 copies he made but only one with the bass and lures he write about in his book. The book is about all the different animals that live in the pond and grand pas battles with a bass name Buwell. He was a Folk artist died at 96 I think they said. Gene C Martin.
How to come up with a value? or even market it as what book, art ,taxidermy, fishing and so on. 24" high.
IMG_1686.JPGIMG_1686.JPGIMG_1687.JPGIMG_1687.JPGIMG_1688.JPGIMG_1688.JPGIMG_1692.JPGIMG_1692.JPGIMG_1697.JPGIMG_1697.JPGIMG_1698.JPGIMG_1698.JPGIMG_1699.JPGIMG_1699.JPG
3/14/2018
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser

Hi my name is***** am a certified appraiser and would be happy to help you. This is considered folk art. It has however the antique lures, curiosity, a published book 15 of 20 copies -so limited edition, the bass head noted and documented on back. So a combination of several things that the man put together. All together it has a value of 200.00 and you will need to type out the above information and keep it all together noting who he was, and where you bought this. Has odd as the piece to you is someone would collect it and add to their fishing, taxidermy, story telling etc collections. It is mounted wonderfully and the book the was well printed and put together.

The value would be 200-250.00 in today's market of American Folk Art. Places to sell would the area he lived and also the place the Bass was caught. Area people are more apt to buy pieces about things they know and people they know of. Moving out from there it would be buyers of American art and folk art aside from the groups noted above. This could be marketed in many different ways. A very unique item and well presented.
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser