Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Could you evaluate the following books? Its a series of

Hi, Could you evaluate the following...
Could you evaluate the following books? Its a series of three entiltled "Plutarch Lives" by A.H. Clough. I have volumes 2,3, & 4. It says its Oxford edition, Published in Boston by Little Brown & Company, 1910. Entered according to Act of Congress in the year 1859, by Little Brown and Company, in the clerk's office of the District Court of the District of Massachusetts.
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

As you can see in the pictures, there is a stain on the bottom outside and what looks to be a water stain on the front three or so pages. there is no staining where the text begins.

Thank you for your patience.

The 1910 Little Brown & Company printing of Plutarch Lives comprised of 5 volumes in the set.

A complete set from 1910 (as there were earlier version printed prior by Little Brown and Company) retails for $350 for the 5 volumes together.

Thank you for noting that the condition issue is not throughout the book.

Individual volumes , with watermarks on the covers, ave a retail value of $40 each on today's market, or $120 for the 3 volumes that you have.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora