Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Attn Glenda only *** Glenda, I hope this email finds you…

Attn Glenda only ***Hello Glenda,I...
Attn Glenda only ***Hello Glenda,I hope this email finds you well and as always I need your expert advice :-)Would you know anything about this eagle coin pendant? It measures 30 mm (1.18") across and says HALF DOLLAR. It looks like sterling to me but unfortunately I can't find any hallmark. The necklace is marked DAVIAN with the patent number.Kind regardsManuela
IMG_6971.JPGIMG_6971.JPGIMG_6974.JPGIMG_6974.JPGIMG_6978.JPGIMG_6978.JPGIMG_6967.JPGIMG_6967.JPGIMG_6978_1.JPGIMG_697...JPG
3/14/2018
Lindie-mod
I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. Thank you for your patience.
Best,
Lindie
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

Hope you are well also!

.

Some one cut a Walking Liberty Half Dollar, it dates to the 1940's. The patent number is ***** the Clasp they used to make the necklace. http://www.milkywayjewels.com/patents/3427691.html You can see the patent at that link.

.

They are reported to be 90% Silver, usually you find these with Lady Liberty showing in the front. No one seems to know much information on Davian Jewelry, they are listed as Vintage Jewelry maker from the 60's. These necklaces are selling for an average of $50.00-55.00..

Have a great evening

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser