Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have maps, some from 1796. I would like to know what

Customer Question
Hello my name is...

Hello my name is Billie ****** and I have maps, some from 1796. I would like to know what appraiser I need to talk to, to find out their worth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I am not at home right now to tell you more details because I don't have them with me. Perhaps I will have to text at a different time. I don't get pbs where I live but I was at my mothers house and seen an re run I think from Indianapolis that had an appraiser on it. If you cannot tell me anything today I will have to e-mail when I am home.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Perhaps not. On these maps a lot of the countries names are ***** ***** same as they are now. Some are in a different language, some are old city maps. I think that is all I can tell you for now.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
Answered in 1 day by:
3/15/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 5 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Hi Billie,

How many maps do you have?

~Nora