Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Nora, I have another Goodwill find. A teacup & saucer by…

Hello Nora, I have another Goodwill...
Hello Nora,
I have another Goodwill find. A teacup & saucer by Bartley International. I can not find any information online about this maker. Could this be a trade name for another manufacturer? The backstamp only states Bartley International, bone china, made in England. The number is ***** It's a pretty little set. Any idea a date range for the style? And is the blue trim considered as brushed. Thanks as always for any & all help.
Regards,
Cathy
3/14/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience and very nice to 'see' you again here today, Cathy.

Bartley International from England was indeed its own entity and they produced bone china in the 1950s - 1960s.

The numbers on the underside are the pattern 'name'. Yes, the rim edges of the cup and saucer are done with a stylized brush effect and adds a color contrast too.

Here is a link for you to a match to your cup and saucer that sold for $10:

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/bartley-international-bone-china-493976093

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

Nora
Nora