Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a ivory tusk 36 inch hand carved by Chinese labor…

Customer Question
I have a ivory...

I have a ivory tusk 36 inch hand carved by Chinese labor camp in the 50s this item was passed down to me. I have 3 appraisals earliest 1970ish I have just discover the law ref this item, but want to sell it. Is this something you can do

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not on this item

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/14/2018
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 5 months ago
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

What do you want exactly?

To get a new appraisal and sell it

To get a complete appraisal you should really have this looked at in person. I can give you an estimate of what they have sold for in the most current past 12 months or so. I cannot tell you where to sell them because you would need to check with your state laws, your State Attorney General, to see what their laws are regarding ivory.

Do you need pictures

Yes, please

Do you need pictures also yes what have they sold for?? Also I have many hummers and Lladro and naos

Yes, I need pictures.

I can do this on this question when it is done then we can move forward.

Glenda

Wow!

This is fantastic.

I can give you the estimated value it would sell for but, you will need to contact your State Attorney General, each state has a law about selling Ivory.

This is awesome!

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Ivory Tusk Hand Carved by Chinese Labor Camp, 1950's in this Intricate Detail has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $60,000.00-80,000.00. There is an Auction House that sold Ivory in 2012, you might contact them to see if they are still doing so now. Elite***** Suite 101 Boynton Beach, FL 33426
United States. Phone(###) ###-####

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Please if your able to contact me by email***@******.*** it’s easier

Hello

I answered you in writing but here it is again: Please let me know you got it this time!

.

.
The Ivory Tusk Hand Carved by Chinese Labor Camp, 1950's in this Intricate Detail has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $60,000.00-80,000.00. There is an Auction House that sold Ivory in 2012, you might contact them to see if they are still doing so now. Elite*****Suite 101 Boynton Beach, FL 33426
United States. Phone(###) ###-####

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.

Thank you
Glenda
.

Hi,I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going. .Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser..Thank you Glenda
Antique Expert: Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser replied 4 months ago

.

Thank you
Glenda