Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a large copodimonte plaque. It has a raised woman in…

I have a large...

I have a large copodimonte plaque. It has a raised woman in a yellow dress with her breat exposed and a young girl sitting behind her with 3 cherubs. It also has a design going around yhe outside of the plaque. It is round and the main colors are pink, blue and yellow.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It is stamped on the back in blue copodimonte. Nothing else that I could find.

3/14/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

No thank you

Thank you for the image.

Please add a view of the backside and a clear, in-focus image of any marks or stamps on the backside. Also, what is the approximate size of this from left to right?

~Nora

Did you receive the info?

Yes, thank you.

Would it please be possible to add a more clear, in-focus image of the mark again.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This is a vintage mid 20th century Italian, bas-relief molded decorative tondo form wall plaque by a Capodimonte maker.

The original Capodimonte porcelain factory was a royal factory that was active in Naples from 1743 - 1759 (then in Spain from 1771 - 1821). When the productions were halted, the Capodimonte name was never trademarked and protected. By the end of the 19th century hundreds of small porcelain and ceramic ware factories used the name Capodimonte and there are hundreds still using that name today.

Your plaque has a high value of $75 - $125 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora