Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a vase and a large platter that I thought was Mikasa…

For Rarewares only I have...
For Rarewares only I have a vase and a large platter that I thought was Mikasa with the raised clovers on the bottom but I can’t find a match- any help would be helpful
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage6.jpgimage7.jpgimage7.jpgimage8.jpgimage8.jpg
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/14/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.

Thank you!

1) Large round platter in frosted glass with millefleur pansies in bas-relief, attributed to

Arcoroc of France circa 1980, valued at $30

2) Green glass art glass vase from 1950 to 1970's with an illegible mark, possibly an American bottle company, with a value of $50

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Do you think the Mark on vase could be Made in Spain- so hard to read

I don't think so. It is just impossible to read. When you have raised letter on something, the best way to photograph it is to light it strongly from one side only. This causes a shadow on the other side form the raised areas that makes for an easier read.

In some cases, a mark is intentionally obscure in order to look like something that it is not.

Rarewares
Ok thank you!