Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of old fine china plates, with pictures of

I have a set...

I have a set of old fine china plates , with pictures of birds on them with gold trim on the outer and inner rings . I found them wrapped up in some old news paper in an old house we are cleaning out . I was just curious if you knew anything about them

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

On the back of the plate it says . Fine translucent china , made expressly for Vincent Lipp Corp

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

The news paper that the china plates were wrapped in date is March 1977
20180313_201031.jpg2018031...jpg20180313_201058.jpg2018031...jpg20180313_201128.jpg2018031...jpg20180313_201200.jpg2018031...jpg20180313_201226.jpg2018031...jpg
Okay I sent them

Thank you for the images, please also add a clear, in-focus close-up image of the mark. ~Nora

What mark ?

Is there something stamped on the backside of the plates?

Great, then please also add a clear, in-focus close-up image of what is stamped on the underside of the plate.

~Nora

I am not great with a computer so give me a minute to get this to work
Stop talking to me please I cant send this and talk to you at the same time

Take your time, no rush. ~Nora

Excellent, thank you. I will post your answer here shortly. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

Your plates, featuring wild game birds, each with a different type one it were produced in the late 1960s through 1970s as premium give-aways.

On today's market, these sell for $7 - $15 each per plate.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Okay thank you for that information . I have two more plates that I want to know about them to and an old lamp .

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help.

I will be happy to help with additional new items, however for each new item, you will please need to start a new question thread for each new item. Feel free to request me by name by adding "For Nora" at the beginning of the new question if you would like to work with me personally.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora

I'm not sure how to open up a new chat . It's getting late I'll get back with you tomorrow night ttul

Okay, any time is fine. ~Nora