Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Rarewares, I have this very nice copper lustre ware pitcher…

HiCustomer, I have this very...
HiCustomer, I have this very nice copper lustre ware pitcher with classical design. There is a nick under the spout other than that it is in great shape. It measures 3 3/4 inches tall 3 3/4 inches in diameter. I have seen a few out there but they seem to be all over the place in valuation I wanted to get your opinion. Thanks
3/13/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is an 1820 to 1850 English soft paste pearlware copper lustre jug attributed to Wedgwood.

The value of this jug is $200 to $240.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.

Rarewares
Thank you...

You are welcome!

Copeland made these, too, but they did not do much lustre. Their jugs with bas relief scenes were usually hunt scenes and in a blue glaze (for your future treasure hunts)