Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need to know the value of a cherry Press, made in

I need to know...

I need to know the value of a cherry Jackson Press, made in Tennessee around 1850. It has two drawers above a cupboard with two doors, two round-turned columns in front, and four round-turned feet. It's 45 inches tall and 41.5 inches wide; There is no hutch on top of it.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

The press has always been in my family and is in excellent condition. The drawers are put together with dove-tailing.

3/13/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

I don't want to switch to a live phone call at this time, thanks.

Thank you for the images and for your patience.

The call offer is entirely your choice.

Your Victorian 1850, Mid 19th century, American vernacular, Empire style, Pre-Civil Ware era press in cherry wood has a value of $800 - $2000 on today's market.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora