Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a set of Enoch Wedgwood (Tunstall) LTD. “Countryside”

I have a set of...
I have a set of Enoch Wedgwood (Tunstall) LTD.
“Countryside”
I know they are not of great value but, I do want to sell them. Just to start down sizing. I have 6 Dinner plates, 6 medium size or dessert plates, 7 Smaller or bread & butter plates? 6 saucers, 6 small bowls, 7 cups, and a cream & sugar. What to you think would be a fair price to ask for the buyer and seller
3/13/2018
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. My name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to help.

.

Countryside was a popular pattern in the 1960s. It is a discontinued pattern so some of your pieces might be harder to find. That can not only raise the value, but helps with how collectible it is. I can actually give you prices both individually and as a set so you'll know the value of each piece and as a set. Here is a breakdown value for your pieces:

.

6 dinner plates - $10 to $15 each

6 medium plates (those are probably salad plates) - $15 to $20 each

7 bread/butter plates -$8 to $12 each

6 cup/saucer sets - $10 to $15 each set

1 extra cup - $8

6 small bowls (fruit/dessert bowls) $5 to $10 each

creamer - $20 to $25

sugar $40 to $50

.

As a whole set, a fair resale value would be around $300 to $350. That would fair to both the seller and buyer. It also give you a little room to negotiate if you'd be willing come down a little in value and take a little less for the set without losing potential money from your end.

.

The reason I broke it down is because sometimes you can get a higher value by breaking the set up or by piecing it out. It helps to know what each piece is actually worth.

.

Deciding on which way to sell it really depends on how fast you need to sell it. If you'd like to sell it fast, I'd recommend selling it as one lot and in the lower price range.
.

I'll be honest, the downside to selling china right now is that there are a number of people trying to currently get rid of their china so there is quite a bit on the market. It make take a few selling tries, but there are definitely collector's out there.
.
I can give you a few ideas for selling if you're interested. For selling, Etsy and Amazon's marketplace are great alternatives to Ebay. There is also Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic. They're more like online antique shops. They do cost a bit more to list there, but they get higher prices. Etsy is a good alternative if you want some place with lower listing fees. They have the lowest rates around right now.
.
Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. Ebay, like with any auction, you can expect about 1/2 of the actual value. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction or selling it to a dealer. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you.

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.
If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.

.

Have a great day and good luck,

~Diana

Thank you so much you really helped. I was going to sell the set for 80.00! Now I’ll ask a little more. Thanks a lot for your help.

Oh wow. I'm glad you came by and asked then. =) You're very welcome. I'm happy I could help. If you need anything else just let me know.

Best Wishes!

~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser