Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Oh I’m just browsing your website to get info on a painting…

Oh hi.. I’m just...

Oh hi.. I’m just browsing your website to get info on a painting we have with a COA from Collier Art Institute. If I give you the info on the certificate, can you tell me anything about it?

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Painting titled Sunrise by artist Conadell. Registry number 5132-90

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Original colored lithograph # 88/375

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Ok... four photos attached
C3C0413C-7790-4334-9B9E...jpegC3C041...jpeg06057A59-F264-4F3D-B053...jpeg06057A...jpegE9CE8CC2-C84B-42F8-84CC...jpegE9CE8C...jpeg27836ED7-0277-415E-8DB9...jpeg27836E...jpeg

Thank you for the images.

Please also add a clear, in-focus image of the signature on the front at lower right in the margin and the numbers at lower left.

~Nora

Great, thank you for the images. Please allow me some time to look these over for you.

~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

This is a signed and numbered limited edition color lithograph print that was published and distributed by the Collier Art Corporation from Los Angeles, California (note, not Collier Art Institute).

Lithograph prints are produced by machine in multiples, a 'painting' is a one-of-a-kind work done by hand.

Collier Art Corporation was a printing company which either reproduced art that was out of copyright or commissioned commercial artists to produce images for them to mass produce. They attached these COA's or Certificates of Authenticity to their prints to give them an air of collectible, investment art, however their prints are more intended as decorative wall art and not as fine art for investment purposes.

Conadell is not a listed artist name and was likely a commercial artist hired by Collier Art Corporation.

On today's market, this could sell for $50 - $100.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Just checking in to see if you viewed your answer and if you are seeking further assistance?

Please let me know.

Sincerely,

Nora

Im good, thank you for your help/

You are very welcome and my pleasure to be of help to you here.

In the meantime, if you could please take a moment to leave a rating for my services here by clicking the stars, I would really appreciate it.

This question thread will not close after a rating is left.

Thank you!

~Nora

Nora

Thanks for the positive rating! Much Appreciated.

I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.

When you post a new question, please feel free to add "For Nora" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'request an expert' function and 'favorite' me as your personal expert.

Sincerely,

Nora