Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Working with my sister and estate. She has complete dinnng…

Customer Question
Working with my sister...

Working with my sister and estate. She has complete dinnng suite all carved with different figures 8 chairs, table, serving table, large serving & storage. this has date on all pieces XVii on all pieces., will pictures on all pieces tomorrow.

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Need advise on books to study or your advise to find value where we know tovalue and best way to sale this beautiful, she has owned this for 50 yrs approx.

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/13/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 5 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Just a follow-up to see if you will be adding photos today.

Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago

I finally got all of the pictures this morning.

This is a carved French walnut dining room set with leather seats and brass finials on the chairs

and barley twist and heavy detailed carvings on all pieces including the XVI inscription, an homage to Louis XVI, the last king of France in the line of Bourbon monarchs who ruled from 1774 to 1792. This is a revival set and not of the 1700's period. It was made in the late 1800's in the French Renaissance/French Country Hunt style style.

The set is valued at $5,000-$7500 for the complete set. This style of furniture is not currently in high demand even though it is exquisite so it will take a while to find the right buyer.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.