Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a ceramic mantel clock. The information on the back…

I have a ceramic...

I have a ceramic mantel clock. The information on the back indicates it was made in 1911 by William Gilbert clock co of Connecticut. I'd like to sell it, but have no idea what the value of the clock is. it is in working order with no chips.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Not that I can think of. It has lovely colorful flowers painted on it.

3/13/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help.
Please use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures of the clock,
dial and any markings on the back or on the movement.

Here are the photos
IMG_1776.JPGIMG_1776.JPGIMG_1777.JPGIMG_1777.JPGIMG_1778 (1).JPGIMG_177...JPGIMG_1779.JPGIMG_1779.JPGIMG_1780.JPGIMG_1780.JPG
No need for a phone call. Just looking for an idea of the value.
I'm also looking for information on some vases that I have that I believe to be of some value. I've attached the photos here.
IMG_1782.JPGIMG_1782.JPGIMG_1783.JPGIMG_1783.JPGIMG_1784.JPGIMG_1784.JPGIMG_1785.JPGIMG_1785.JPGIMG_1786.JPGIMG_1786.JPGIMG_1787.JPGIMG_1787.JPG

This is a 1911 Gilbert porcelain mantel clock in the Colora case

having a value of $125 to $145 in working condition.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Thank you. I’ll be happy to give you a high rating review, but first, can you give me an idea on the value of the vases I sent you photos of as well please?
Thank you. Also looking for a basic value on the vases I sent photos of.

The only item mentioned in your inquiry was the clock so I'm not allowed to add a second item. You can click the stars here on the clock question and then start a new question, write ForCustomer/strong> and we can do the vases there.

Rarewares

Thank you so much for the positive rating.

I see that you forgot to put ForCustomerin the new question so another Expert answered instead. She is great to work with, too!