Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have my Grandmothers beautiful costume jewelry from the…

I have my Grandmothers...

I have my Grandmothers beautiful costume jewelry from the 1920's and just wondering what it may be worth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I am in St.Louis where should I go to have someone look at these items?

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

I don't know what else to tell you.

Answered in 1 minute by:
3/13/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help. Costume and estate jewelry is one of my specialties here. As you can understand, seeing it is important.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

I will try. Not good with this. Is there somewhere here in St Louis I can take this bounty to?

I would suggest going to

Heirloom Jewelry Appraisal

Appraiser in Saint Charles, Missouri

122 N Main St #100, St Charles, MO 63301

(###) ###-####/p>

They are not in St. Louis but in Saint Charles. I did not find any appraisers of

quality in St.Louis for you. This place I mentioned has a good reputation.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I have several signed peices. And for the $ I just spent for an immediate answer as advertised I am extremely disappointed.

You said you could not add photos. You are welcome to list the signed pieces with descriptions and I can still help.

I took a pic. Just don't know how to send.

Here are a few different options for sending pictures. The availability of each feature depends on which browser
(Safari, Chrome, Firefox or Internet Explorer) you are using and whether you are on a desktop or a phone.

1) Use the +Add Files feature next to the red SEND button on in the area where you write back to me
to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.

2) Use the paperclip icon above the texting area where you reply.
The photos will upload when you add at least one word in the text box.
You won't see the photo, but the paperclip will turn green.

3) You can email the pictures to***@******.*** with
"forCustomerquot; in the subject line of the email and they
will forward them to me.This way takes 24-48 hours.

I think I will take these to where you suggested. Thanks.

You are welcome. Do click the stars for me to close the question.

Thank you so much and feel free to come back here at any point

if you can add the photos or want to double check what they have told you.

Rarewares
Don't know where the 5 stars are but you are worth it.

If you are on mobile, scroll to the top of the page and click Finish by Rating.
That should take you to a screen that says "your rating is required",
do please click the five stars and hit submit.

Found the stars.

Great! Now you just select the five then hit SUBMIT.

We can still talk about your items in the future even after you rate.