Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a cranberry glass cordial set with a gold sun and…

I have a cranberry glass...
I have a cranberry glass cordial set with a gold sun and moon pattern. The decanter is 12 inches and the 6 glasses are 2 1/2 inches each. Have no idea how old it is, but I'be had it for probably 40 years.
3/13/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.

This is a 1960's Bohemian/Czech glass liquor set made in ruby flash with gold stars and sun pattern, the glasses being handleless with a heavy base. Decanter sets from eastern Europe were all the rage in the mid-century and were sold in the US with stickers that would be removed or fall away. There was not one named company that made these since glass factories were state-owned and as a result, this is simply referred to as Bohemian/Czech glass by collectors. The set you have is valued at $75 to $100 resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares