Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Diana i have three milk with Sadler name on the bottom with…

Hi Diana i have...

Hi Diana i have three milk jugs with Sadler name on the bottom with 1561BH can you please tell me a little about them

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

All I know is that they are Sadler vintage pottery milk jugs Deco Pink Green & Gold

Expert's Assistant: Don't you just love the idea of finding something valuable in your attic? I do, but I think all I have up there is junk my brothers abandoned before they left home. Always a good idea to check things with the Antiques Appraiser, though. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Sorry thats all the information I have on them

3/13/2018
Josie-Mod
I'm Josie, a moderator for this topic.
I sent your requested Expert a message to follow up with you here, when she is back online.
Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser

Hi. Thanks for requesting me. I'll be glad to help.

.

Can you send pictures of the teapots and the marks on the bottom?

.

To send photos:

If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then you can click this link for instructions on uploading images
.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

.

thanks,

Diana

Hi Josie,
Please find attached pictures of the items
Kind regards
Mark
IMG_7581.JPGIMG_7581.JPGIMG_7582.JPGIMG_7582.JPGIMG_7583.JPGIMG_7583.JPGIMG_7584.JPGIMG_7584.JPGIMG_7585.JPGIMG_7585.JPGIMG_7586.JPGIMG_7586.JPG

Hi Mark.

Thank you for the photos. I appreciate it.

.

Sadler was founded back in 1899 by James Sadler. They are more known for their teapots, but they actually produced quite a bit of various china pieces and sets. They were sadly sold to Churchill China back in 2000.

.

That mark on the bottom was used during the 40s, which would fit the art deco style of the pattern. The pattern number is ***** There were actually a few variations with this pattern (each with different numbers). You have what's described as pink with gold and mint green dots. There was also a pink, gold, and blue version. There was another that was green and gold with blue dots.

.

They do look like 3 little milk jugs, but they technically actually should be the milk jug and 2 different sized pitchers that were from the set. The smallest is your milk jug and the other 2 are pitcher. When you have a set like this, most people call it a graduated jug set. That's actually pretty great because most people might have a teapot and jug or 1 jug and 1 pitcher. To see sort of the whole little graduated jug set is pretty great.

.

They look to be in excellent condition. Given that, as a set, should be worth about £75 to £100

.

The price will vary a bit depending on where you try to sell it. You will always get a higher value by selling it yourself in a private sale as opposed to an auction, Ebay, or selling it to a dealer.

.

For selling it yourself, Etsy is a great alternative to Ebay. Rubylane, Tias, and Cyberattic are great online stores too. They generally have a store "setup" fee, so unless you have a lot of items to list, it may be a bit too pricey. They do get the "higher" paying customers though. Etsy actually has one of the lowest current rates. They all help you sell worldwide.

.

There is also craigslist. Your town might even have a facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online boot sale). Some buyers have even started using apps or sites like LetGo or Varagesale. The only big downside to these is you always run a risk of meeting someone that may be dangerous. If you go that route, never have them come to your house. Always meet someplace very public and never go alone. I don't generally recommend any of those options because I would hate for something to happen to you. One generally safe option is meeting up at a local police station. A lot of towns allow sellers to use their parking lots as meeting places.

.

Ebay is more or less a last resort. It does reach a lot of people, but the values tend to be lower. If you do decide to try Ebay, consider using reserves.
.

That should give you quite a few options, but if you need anything else, don't hesitate to ask.

.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

.

.

I hope this has been helpful to you. I do my best to offer you the most current values and information using the latest guides and recorded sales.
.

Please keep in mind I am only credited for my answer if you rate me positively. If you feel the need to use a lower rating which adds a negative mark to my profile or if you have any further questions about your item please feel free to reply to me and tell me what else I can do for you..

.

If you're on a mobile device, please make sure to scroll to the top and click on the box that says finish rating! A box with stars in it should open and you can rate me there.

.

If you have any trouble doing that, please let me know.

.

If you would like to use me on any further questions. Requesting me expires in just a short time. If you put my name (DianaF) in the question, that will make sure it gets to me.
.
I look forward to working with you again.
.
I hope you have a great day.
~Diana

Diana F.
Diana F., Antiques Appraiser