Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I need to know if a painting I have is an original. I have a…

I need to know...

I need to know if a painting I have is an original

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

I have a Picasso. Oranges and Lemons is the name of the painting. Catalda Fine Arts Industry

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

You can tell this a very old painting. The frame number is *****

3/13/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Texting is fine
There is a faint signature in the left hand corner

This is a print (not an original) of a painting by Pablo Picasso titled Still Life with Lemons and Oranges, the original created in 1936 and this piece published in the 1940's by Catalda Fine Arts. The value of this framed print is

$100 to $125.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and putCustomerOnly as the first words you write.
You should also "favorite" me so that I will be your dedicated Expert for antiques.