Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Another pair for your perusal 7 Photos attached Thank you…

For Rarewares onlyHello againAnother pair...
For Rarewares onlyHello againAnother pair for your perusal7 Photos attachedThank you
2004 (7).jpg2004 (7).jpg2004 (2).jpg2004 (2).jpg2004 (1).jpg2004 (1).jpg2004 (3).jpg2004 (3).jpg2004 (6).jpg2004 (6).jpg2004 (4).jpg2004 (4).jpg2004 (5).jpg2004 (5).jpg
3/12/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

A pair of 1870-1885 French ormolu and cobalt porcelain potpourri burners, also called brule parfum,

with gilt reticulated tops with flame finials, the porcelain lifted on three hooved feet with

gilt male heads on the sides. The pair is valued at $1900 to $2100 retail and would sell for $800 to $900 at auction.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank youHow confident are you they are that old?

I see wear and the construction from what I see in the photos sent matches this era.

They are in exceptionally good condition and I can see why you would question the age.

My opinion is also in consideration of all of the other legitimate and period pieces that you've shown me.

We can only tell so much from photos on the internet but I'm sure you understand that. There should be a spot to open this to a second opinion after you rate me. Maybe that would be a good idea on these for another set of eyes.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.

Rarewares
Rarewares
Rarewares