Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a royal dalton single bud vase passed down thru my…

I have a royal...

I have a royal dalton single bud vase passed down thru my family. Marks on the bottom are dalton burslem piscina ware registered. Numbers: RA1570,a8203. F. Imprint 6330. Can you tell me the value.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

Also floral pattern cover the vase. Signature by J Hancock

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

That is all thanks

3/12/2018
Erin-Marie Wallace
Erin-Marie Wallace, CEO of Rare-Era.com Appraisals & Auctions

Greetings and thank you for your submission to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I would love to assist you in evaluating your Doulton Burslem vase. I am quite familiar with Doulton Burslem and the examples painted by Hancock are highly regarded. Would you be able to upload an image of the piece you have so that my evaluation may be more precise? It would also be helpful to know the height of this piece.

I look forward to answering your inquiry.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

It is approx 7.5 inches tall

Is it similar to this piece which was also painted by Hancock?

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

It does not have handles. I’ve tried to attach a picture but am unable too.

Perfect, I've received your photo!! If you'll give me just a moment I'm going to research based on the information you have given me and I'll reply with my answer.

Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

You may text me at(###) ###-####

There is an auto pop-up for a phone service which you may feel welcome to ignore if it does not apply to your needs. I'll have your answer written here, just one moment longer.

Erin-Marie

Joseph Hancock was one of the best painters for Doulton Burslem and they had many very good painters. In addition to dense bouquets of flowers he could paint figurative scenes and fish with just as much skill. This example, which sold in 2005 for $13,000USD was made in conjunction with other Doulton artists for the Chicago 1895 World's Colombian Exhibition.

You have a lovely example and it is on par with others which have sold at auction which were also painted by Hancock, this example is a smidgen taller and of a more intricate shape than yours but sold at auction for $749USD. These globular examples are closer in form to yours and sold at auction for $141USD for the pair (only one was painted by Hancock). If your example were to sell at auction, I'd expect it to sell in the range of $200 - $300USD. However, if it were offered in a gallery I would expect the price to be between $450USD and $600USD. That being said, retail prices will vary depending upon the region something is being sold in, the access a dealer has to those buyers and market interest.

I always strive for 5-star service so if you have any follow-up questions, let me know. Otherwise please take a moment to rate me using the ''Stars". Thank you for taking the time to submit to just answer and I hope you have a lovely afternoon.

Most Sincerely,

Erin-Marie

Erin-Marie Wallace

Thank you for the 5-star review. If you have any additional items, I would love to be requested.

Cheers!

Erin-Marie