Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Out know the name and value of this drum table?

second opinion] Donna out know...
second opinion] Donna out know the name and value of this drum table?
3/12/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Can you send a picture of this table?

I’m sorry. I don’t need it I hit the wrong button by accident:)

No problem, I just saw the other question and the table, are you sure this is a reproduction table?

I don’t know anything about it as I bought it at an estate sale. I know the owner was an Air Force kernel and traveled the world.

I was looking at that and wondering if it was actually and older table, not a modern reproduction. I would not mind looking at it for you.

Sure. I tried to find one one eBay to compare it to but cannot find one like it anywhere. It’s a nice table. It does have some age on it. The finish is a little dull but in good shape. I have it in my foyer.

That is beautiful, is it possible you can show me how it is put together, I would like to see under the bottom of this. Also a close up of screws or anything that is under there.

Ok I’d be glad too. It will be a hour or so but i will. Thank you!

That will be fine,

What does that say as company name?

Hello

Thank you for the information.

.

I found it the company is : RETURN GOLD INTERNATIONAL CO. LTD, it is a Vietnam company, located in Hamlet 3B, Khanh Binh Ward , Tan Uyen Dist., Binh Duong. They are Exporters of Furniture From Vietnam and the Phillipines.

The Table is most likely a Rose wood or a Tindalo wood which is a very strong wood, that is found in Vietnam and the Phillipines. The Table is a good quality made piece you can see that from the construction under the bottom. It was distributed by Gold International in 2009, so it is possible it was made earlier then that.

Since the Estate Sale was that of a Colonel in the Air Force, he possibly purchased it while he was there.

The Drum Table has a value of $ 400.00-525.00, it would sell on the market ( Ebay, which is more close outs ) for a value of $250.00 to 325.00.

.

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Wow! That’s amazing I’m glad we talked! I paid 20.00 for it. Lol I have a beautiful carved mirror he bought in Italy as well. I should show you that as well. Thanks Glenda!

You are very welcome, I am surprised the estate sale people sold it that low, they may not know that furniture from Vietnam is very good furniture, I think they tend to write it off as being some cheap furniture, but the Vietnamese people are skilled workers, work hard and produce good products. Some of their furniture is very expensive selling in the thousands.

If you want to send me the question about the mirror I will look at it for you.

Just put " To Glenda " at the beginning of the question. Would you mind waiting until in the morning, I am about to get off work here in just a few minutes. If that is ok.?

Glenda

Thank you. I will. Have a good night.

You also,

I love the table by the way it looks good where you put it!

Have a great evening

Glenda