Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Thought would let you take a look at some porcelain - 11…

For Rarewares onlyThought would let...
For Rarewares onlyThought would let you take a look at some porcelain - 11 photos attached - please let me know if you do not receive all of the photosThank you
140 140 (1).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (13).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (12).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (11).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (10).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (9).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (8).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (6).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (5).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (4).jpg140 140...jpg140 140 (3).jpg140 140...jpg
3/12/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you.

This is a pair of French lions in faience earthenware in blue monochrome, attributed to Rouen, France from 1790 to 1820, some repairs and chips noted, valued at $4500.

These lions were influenced by Chinese foo dogs placed in temples or at home to protect members of a family, the French shields added to honor country. In the late 1800's sculptor Emile Galle of Nancy, France made copies of these as well, always signing Galle.

Rarewares