Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

A sculpture needs information.....sent you 8 photos Thank…

For Rarewares onlyA sculpture needs...
For Rarewares onlyA sculpture needs information.....sent you 8 photosThank you very much
1649 (1).jpg1649 (1).jpg1649 (4).jpg1649 (4).jpg1649 (3).jpg1649 (3).jpg1649 (2).jpg1649 (2).jpg1649 (5).jpg1649 (5).jpg1649 (7).jpg1649 (7).jpg1649 (8).jpg1649 (8).jpg
3/12/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you

Michel Claude Clodion (1738 - 1814)

is a listed artist from France known for allegorical figure sculpture.

This piece you have is a late 19th to early 20th-century brass recast after one of his pieces. They also recast in bronze (see photo). I do not think your piece is gilt bronze based on the inside and the close-ups.

This piece has a value of $500 resale.

Rarewares
Thank you very much