Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Nora. I meant to tell you that all 4 of these last pieces…

Nora. I meant to tell...
Nora. I meant to tell you that all 4 of these last pieces are quite heavy. The last 2 for today are both vases. The first one is on legs. It looks like cut glass but again may not be. It is 8 1/2 inches tall and 5 inches wide at the top. It is in a modified v shape I would say - wider at the top than the bottom. IMG_2235, 2236, 2237. The 2nd one is round. It also looks like cut glass. It is 5 inches in diameter - height and across though the opening for flowers is only 2 1/2 inches. IMG_2230, 2231
IMG_2235.JPGIMG_2235.JPGIMG_2236.JPGIMG_2236.JPGIMG_2237.JPGIMG_2237.JPGIMG_2230.JPGIMG_2230.JPGIMG_2231.JPGIMG_2231.JPG
3/12/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

These are both later 20th century contemporary glass pieces.

The round piece is indeed cut crystal and it is called a 'rose bowl'. Without a maker mark, who produced this cannot be definitively stated. Potential maker could be Mikasa. High value is $25 - $35.

The footed vase is molded crystal; the underside of the feet are cut and polished. The icing or mottling of the bands of glass is reminiscent of glass from Nordic countries such as Sweden, Denmark, Norway or Finland. High value is $60.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora