Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Nora, I have some more items to ask you about. I am not sure…

Nora, I have some more...
Nora, I have some more items to ask you about. I am not sure these are old or not. Hopefully you can help. I will try to do 2 at a time so as not to get deleted like last time. I know it's much harder for you and I am sorry for that. First is a vase that looks like cut glass but based on other items, I am betting it is poured glass. It is 11 inches tall and the opening at top is 6 inches. IMG_2232, 2233, 2234. The 2nd is a large candle holder like for a large pillar type candle. It looks like cut and etched glass. It is 3 inches high and the candle opening is 4 inches in diameter. IMG_2238, 2239, 2240.
IMG_2232.JPGIMG_2232.JPGIMG_2233.JPGIMG_2233.JPGIMG_2234.JPGIMG_2234.JPGIMG_2238.JPGIMG_2238.JPGIMG_2239.JPGIMG_2239.JPGIMG_2240.JPGIMG_2240.JPG
Answered in 1 minute by:
3/12/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Thank you for your patience.

I actually have the same exact flower vase as yours. These were premium give-aways in the 1930s - 1950s from an oatmeal product when enough paper label coupons were saved and sent in. It is molded glass, not cut crystal. High value of the vase is $20 - $30.

The candle hurricane is cut crystal with wheel cut surface engraving. It is a more contemporary, later 20th century piece and possibly from the Czech Republic. High value is $45.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
Nora
Nora