Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

18ct sapphire and diamond ring

18ct sapphire and diamond ring
3/12/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Hi there. Doris here, I have already assessed this for you.

Do you want me to request a refund for you? Or would you like a second opinion from another appraiser?

second opinion if that is ok, im not doubting what you quoted just wanted to see what someone else said

Ok. I will opt out. I will not be able to respond once I opt out.

Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

This is an 18k white gold ring with one oval-cut, prong-set approx. 2ct-2.38ct light blue sapphire

surrounded by a halo of ten (10) round brilliant-cut, prong-set diamonds at approx. 1.08ct., with a clarity of VS1 and a color of F. The resale value of this ring is $3400AUD and the insurance/replacement value is $9600AUD.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

To confirm, that is $3200AUD resale (if you were to sell on your own) and $6600AUD insurance/replacement.

it's not white gold just normal gold and 18ct

It looked like white gold in the one photo. 18kt white gold and 18kt yellow gold are

of the same value so the quote would stay the same.

was my late grandmother's
i had it valued a few years ago at $2695

This also would not change the value since I was assuming it to be an old ring.

An insurance appraisal of a few years ago at $2695 is now compared to $6600 today and sounds

correct since sapphires have increased in value.

the value says 1x 18ct yellow gold sapphire and diamond cluster dress ring on lift up shank, comprising 1x6mm x 5mm oval sapphire (refraction index 1.76), 10x.01 point diamonds weight 3.402g

That would have been good to know from the beginning. Let me reassess with these measurements provided.

This is an 18k yellow gold antique ring with one oval-cut, prong-set approx. .61ct to .75ct, 6mm x 5mm light blue sapphire surrounded by a halo of ten (10) round brilliant-cut, prong-set diamonds at approx. .10ctw., with a clarity of VS1 and a color of F. The insurance/replacement value is $5600AUD.

I can refer you to this size chart that shows a 6mm x 5mm gemstone is .61ct in an oval shape. One can add some

to the ct weight for depth but not more than up to .75ct.

https://www.brilliance.com/education/diamond-size-chart/oval

what is the resale value please

Resale value would be $2000AUD.

Rarewares
how would it be $2000 if it was $2695 4 years ago, i would be selling it for what it's worth
it was not an insurance appraisal i got it valued for what it was worth not for insurance purposes

Thank you for the good feedback.

If you would like to use me for any future questions,

put ForCustomer/strong> in the text of your question.