Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

What lovely name!. I have a set of teapot, milk jug and

Customer Question
Good afternoon Pearl. What...

Good afternoon Pearl. What lovely name!. I have a set of teapot, milk jug and sugar bowl marked on the bases as IE&CO hand painted Japan. They are very intricately printed with lots of gold. They have been well used as the gold is worn of the handles if it was originally there. I acquired them in Melbourne, Australia and have had them for 35 years but never used them. Thanks for any assiatance you can provide. Kind regards Jean

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Yes there is a small chip out of the teapot spout that is probably relevant. I can see my fingers through the base so the china is very fine. Thankyou jean

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/12/2018
Antique Expert: Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Robert S.
Robert S., Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Hello Jean,

My name is ***** ***** I would be glad to help with your Japan tea set.

Could you very kindly attach a photo of it and one of the mark on the bottom.

Many thanks,
Robert.

To attach photos:

(a) Just click on the "Add Files" tab and it will bring up the photos in your computer for you to select and attach here where you are typing to me.

(b) If you don't have an image in your computer, email yourself one from a smart phone, save it in you computer and proceed with (a).

Here's a link to picture attaching help if you need it.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl