Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a small hand-painted plate with "Nippon" on the back.

Customer Question
I have a small...

I have a small hand-painted plate with "Nippon" on the back. Wondering about its worth.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It is a small hand-painted plate with "Nippon" on the back. I understand that "Nippon" is the previous name for "Japan."

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

That's all about that plate. In addition, I have a large hand-painted fruit (?) bowl with 6 hand-painted like the big bowl set. They have "Germany" printed on the back, and my great-grandmother brought them from Sweden when my grandmother was 3 years old. They have to be at least 133 years old.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/12/2018
Antique Expert: Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary replied 4 months ago
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Please send images at your convenience.

There may be an +Add Files button or if there is a toolbar with a paperclip icon showing above the box where you type in responses, then follow the steps on this link for sharing photos:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert

~Nora

Please let me know if I should proceed checking the value of a small hand-painted plate with "Nippon" on the back. Also a large hand-painted fruit bowl and 6 accompanying small bowls with "Germany" on the back. The set is at least 133 years old. Thank you.

I will be happy to help. You will, however, please need to add images, at your convenience. No rush.

~Nora

You can try emailing your images to *****@******.*** and write “For Nora/Antiques” in the subject line of the email.

Photos sent by email do not arrive to me directly nor instantly, they get forwarded to me by admin.

~Nora