Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Need info on these plates. The 2 with flowers to the side…

Need info on these plates...
Need info on these plates. The 2 with flowers to the side have same Bavaria mark on underside. The one with gold has P K Silesia.
Louise
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpg
3/12/2018
Nora
Nora, Expert in Fine and Decorative Arts: Renaissance through Contemporary
Experience: Liberal Arts BA College Degree, Post-Graduate Christie's Education in London, 10 Yrs Art World Experience in NYC, President & Founder own Corporation. Member AOA & ISA USPAP Compliant through 2019

Hello, and thank you for your question. I am reviewing it now and will reply again in a moment. ~Nora

Hi Louise,

Thank you for your patience.

Each of the plates is from the early 20th century and they are all made of porcelain.

The one with the poppy flowers is a hand painted decoration.

The one with the leaves is is a transferprinted decoration that is embellished by hand.

The Thomas Bavaria mark on these was used from 1908 - 1939. The 'Sevres' mark is not associated with French Sevres, it is the proprietary name of their porcelain line. One mark shows decorated by Caine's Studio. Both however, sell for an average of $15 each.

The plate with gold and reticulated handles is a cake plate. The P.K. is for Porzellanfabrik Königszelt. The mark on this dates to 1914 - 1918. On today's map the area that was once Silesia is now mostly in Poland with some former parts in Germany and the now Czech Republic. This sells for a high of $30 - $40.

Please take a moment to leave a rating by clicking the stars. If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

~Nora

Nora
For Nora
Please evaluate these pieces, underside followd