Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have the gold mothers cross with the ribbon and the

I have the gold...

I have the gold mothers cross with the ribbon and the original box.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

The date on the back is 16 Dec. 1938.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

Thats it I think

3/11/2018
Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser
Experience: Antiques store owner 10+yrs.Best of City Two Years. Collector 56+yrs.USPAP compliant. Member AOA.Founded part of antiques, silver & art collection at local museum.

Welcome, my name is ***** ***** be pleased to work with you.My responses are not immediate.I thank
you for your patience.I am reviewing the question

Photos are almost always required to give an accurate assessment. If you cannot send photos, I can still work with your descriptions; however, I can give more accurate answers if I have photos.
Can you send photos?

If so, then -

Please send photos of the piece and its box.

Please send a photo of the marks and/or words on the piece.

You may need to use the macro function (flower icon) of your camera to get a good clear photo of the marks.

If you cannot get a good photo, then sketch the marks and take a photo of the sketch.

To send photos you may use the "ADD FILES" in the blue box link (next to "SEND" or "SUBMIT") on your reply page or the "paper clip" found in the toolbar you see on your reply page.
Please do not send in ZIP format. The jpg or jpeg format works best.

An explanation of this method can be found here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl

Please do not try to use the site email method of sending photos without specific instructions from me.

Kind regards,
Doris

Here are some pictures.
CD0EBD60-7051-41EF-8019...jpegCD0EBD...jpegDB8E09C2-0CB0-44A9-8726...jpegDB8E09...jpeg8D8FA65B-B173-4473-B101...jpeg8D8FA6...jpegB30C9E84-7E52-41A9-8C93...jpegB30C9E...jpeg
I’m fine with the text box

Are there gold karat marks on this?

I don’t see any.where would it be marked?
I did not see any during my online researching.

So this is gold plated. Why was it given/awarded?

This is a mother cross given to a mother who had 8 children during wwII

Who awarded it? Whose signatures are on the back?

The German Nazi Govenment the signature is Aldolf Hitlers.

Let me see what I can find. Thank you for the information and photos. Please allow me some time to research.

Thank you Doris.
My research shows that they made 3 kind of these. Bronze, silver and Gold. The gold ones did not have a k marking.

https://www.emedals.com/europe/germany/third-reich-national-awards/german-mother-s-cross

Have you seen the ones for sale on the above site?

The most a "Gold Grade" one sold for that I saw was $155.

I hope I have helped you.

If I can help you with further questions about this answer, please let me know before you rate me.

I endeavor to give realistic, honest answers in a timely manner.

Please do not rate me down because of system difficulty.

Please let me know if you have difficulty with the site's rating system.

To complete this transaction, please click the five stars at the top right of your screen and hit the submit button. Or if you see "review expert" or "rate expert", you can click on that.

If you using a mobile phone: scroll to the top of the page then click on Finish Rating, then click on the stars! This allows me to be credited by JA for my Knowledge, Time and Effort.

Rating me does not cost you anything extra.

Bonuses are not required but are always appreciated.

Kind regards.

Doris

If you would like to use me on any future questions, requesting me expires in a short time. If you type "For Doris Only" as the first of three words of the question, I should be able to help you.
You can also add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.

Doris
Doris, Personal Property Appraiser