Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Recently, a piece from my dining room set was destroyed. My…

Recently, a piece from...

Recently, a piece from my dining room set was destroyed. My insurance. Ompanys is requesting that I put a value on the piece. I have no idea of its value. It was my grandparents set, dating from early 1900. I do have pictures if that helps.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

Not that I know of.

3/11/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

.
If your message box has a blue box that says "attach file" or a paper clip icon you can use that to upload photos. If not then Click the link: for instructions on uploading images, Be sure to be signed into Google Chrome in order for this link to work, if not signed into Google Chrome, then you have to copy and paste the link in your browser.
.
ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-hl
.
If your pictures are on a phone, plug the phone into the computer, then you can upload to the site right from the phone, the phone will be treated as a removable drive.

Your picture is here. Do you want to proceed?

If you feel you can give me info based on the picture

Hello

Do you have information on who made the piece? Was it marked with a makers name? It appears from your image to be Cherry wood, in a French Provincial Style,

Give me a minute to check the remaining pieces

Ok

Hello

Is this the piece, or is the smaller piece the one?

The smaller piece from the first photo.

Thank you

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Antique Server/Butler's Server ( some call it this ) Cherry Wood, Jacobean Style, circa: early 1900's, 1905-1910 has a retail, cost replacement value of $1250.00 - $1300.00.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser