Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

1950’s European brass coat rack 62 inches high no marking…

1950’s European brass coat rack...
1950’s European brass coat rack 62 inches high no marking
3/11/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

Is this marked with a makers name?

Looked can’t find one is there a specific area to look for?

If this is marked by a maker or foundry, it would be under the bottom most likely.

No markings at all

Thank you

I will look this up be right back, it may take me just a moment, I have several price guide books on Vintage European Furnishings, so I will look through those.

.
The Vintage Brass Coat/Hat Rack, Brass, with Pillar Pole, 4 Hand Hammered Brass Arms, 3 Scrolled Decorative Legs, 62" tall, has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $750.00-800.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $450.00-550.00 , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $800.00 and up. On some upscale online Antique Sites, these are going for as much as 1100.00 and up depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $800.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. Also Rubylane and 1st Dibs. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

I'm just checking in once again to see how things are going.
.
Let me know if you still need help with this question. I strive to answer any and all questions a customer might have in order for you to have a enjoyable experience with me as an appraiser.
.

Thank you
Glenda
.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser