Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

Several years ago I purchased some prints at an estate sale.

Customer Question
They appeared to have been...
Several years ago I purchased some prints at an estate sale. They appeared to have been framed in the 40s or 50s. The label on the back reads as follows: CLAUDE LE LORRAINE
Original old engraving,
circa 1776,
Framed by James Papalia, Clifton, New Jersey. There are 4 prints of landscapes. Do they have any value?
Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/11/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

I will have to do this later.

I understand. In the meantime, I will do some preliminary research.

How can I contact you later?

You log back into the site and this should be under My Questions.

Don't repost this as a new question because that will get closed.

They look exactly like that one. I would have to send pictures via my phone. Just a note I had them reframed because they were not under acid free glass but I do have one of the original labels.

These are 1775-1776 engravings after Claude le Lorrain, engraved by John Beydell

and Richard Earlom. The value of this one is $200.

If you cut the piece to have it framed, it is devalued by half to $100.

Take a look at the small print on the tag you have left to see if you see these same names.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I am following up to see if you are happy with your answer.
Please do let me know by clicking the five stars.