Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have 2 plates, on the back it says Pirken Hammer 4527

I have 2 plates...

I have 2 plates , on the back it says Pirken Hammer 4527 there is a seal with 2 crossed hammers and 1857 on it . The y appear to an iridescent porcelain

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

They appear to be hand painted and made in Czechoslovia

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

They are both hand numbered with the same number4527.. The plated also have women tending to a cherib type angel, one 3 woman pulling a caar and throwing flowers as a path for the cart and the 2nd 2 women feeding a cheric type character grapes from a vine

3/11/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

This is a pair of plates (about 1920) made by Fisher and Mieg under the tradename of Pirkenhammer of Pirkenhammer, Bohemia (now Czech Republic) between the years of 1919 to 1930 in the 4527 pattern, a series of designs taken after the paintings of artist Angelika Kauffmann. (see photos) These plates are valued at $45 each.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares
Thank you very much. I did not want to sell them I didn't want to hang them if they were a lot of value.... I appreciate the info.

I look forward to working with you again soon.
To get me again, start a new question and putCustomerOnly as the first words you write.
You should also "favorite" me so that I will be your dedicated Expert for antiques.