Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I already asked a question earlier today - I would like a…

I already asked a question...
I already asked a question earlier today - I would like a roller organ box and an antique bird cage appraised by Glenda B in Antiques . I already sent the pictures to***@******.*** - pictures for Glenda B in Antiques ! Thank you, ***** *****
3/11/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hi Joe

sorry the one you asked did not show up today, not sure what happen

On the bird cage does it have a mark on the bottom?

It says made in France on the bottom - it has 2 screws on the bottom that i have not undone !

That is fine, no need to do that. I am going to look it up now be right back

Thank You !

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Concert Roller Music Box, circa: 1887 has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $***-**-****.00, The Bird Cage Music Box, with two birds, ( rare to find two birds in one cage ) these are called Automaton Music Boxes early 1900's France-$1***-**-****.00
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. There is also Rubylane a more upscale site to sell from. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser