Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

3/11/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Thank you for the images, I will look these over for you.

It will take a bit to research and write back, so I'll be back with you in a bit~Rarewares

This is a three-piece tea set of RS Prussia Porcelain in the Lily of the Valley pattern with Tiffany Satin finish

made from 1880 to 1915.The value of the set is $550 to $625.

Note: you have the teapot lid on the sugar bowl. Anytime a kid has a small hole, it is for a teapot to allow steam to escape.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

Rarewares
Thank you once again!

You are welcome!

One more question on this set, please. Take a look at the creamer - it is a match to this set. It is not quite the same.

How are the marks on the bottom compared to the other pieces?

It looks like the white enamel was not finished on the flowers. The shape of the flower is right, but not painted in with white. If the mark matches the other two pieces, it is still an authentic piece but was painted by a different studio artist and/or did not get past quality control and was released a bit unfinished.

It does bring down the value $75 to $100 of the total I gave.

Thank you!

You are welcome!