Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I found what I thought was Alinari Soc. Az IDEA on, however…

Hi I found what...

Hi I found what I thought was Alinari Soc. Az IDEA on wood, however I don’t see any numbers. I have 2 larger pieces and 3 smaller pieces as well only bigger ones have labeling.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

May I send pictures for a review

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

No not really.

Please see the photos of what I’ve found and let me know what you think about authenticity and possible value. Thanks.
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
3/11/2018
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

It does appear you have Alinari Soc. Az IDEA, Not all of the pieces had numbers.

.

FRATELLI ALINARI Society dates back to the mid 1800s. Founded in 1854 by brothers Giuseppe and Romulado Alinari and carries the name of their brother. One was an artist and the other in administration. They took part in shows, expositions and were praised for their methods in photography. They began publishing, both books and reprinted works of art from the great masters to even unknown artists. Much of their work was based on ancient Rome.

The addition of the IDEA (Istituto di Edizioni Artistiche) to the name first shows up around 1920. Given the style and label, your pieces likely dates from around the 1930s to 1940s.

If you can tell me what size your pieces are I can get the values for you.

Thanks for the clarification. The smaller pieces are 8”long x 6” wide and the bigger pieces are 17” wide x 13 “ long. Thanks
From the pictures would you consider these good condition?

Yes, I would

I will look the values up be right back

Hi

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Alinari Soc. Az IDEA art, 17 x 13" has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $250.00-275.00 the 8 x 6 " -$ 145.00-150.00 if sold at an auction(a local auction ) it would sell for a little less,at around $ , if this were sold in a High End Antique Shop in a larger city it would sell for $ depending on the condition. If I were selling it I would list it for $
.
Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Are the estimates for each piece or if sold together?

17 x 13 $250.00-275.00

8 x 6 each -$ 145.00-150.00

This is for each piece, if you sold it together. you can add them all up and then decide if you would sell it for a little less selling all three together.

.

.
.
Glenda,
.
.
.
.

Thank you again for the information.

Hello

You are very welcome, if you need anything else feel free asking for "Glenda" I would be happy to help you

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser