Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have this vase that I need some help with identifying. It…

I have this vase...

I have this vase that I need some help with identifying. It is 11 in tall, with a parrot, painted on the side in flight landing on what looks like a fruit tree branch with blossoms, which is made of silver inlaid. The top and bottom also are silver inlaid and it weight is approximately 3 lbs. It is black and does not feel like pottery. I have a photo but do not know how to get it to you. Can you help me.

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I have no information about it, was found in my aunts estate.

3/11/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

Please let me see the bottom as well.

This is an art deco (1930's) Tiffin Glass vase with sterling silver overlay and painted parrot.

The sterling silver was made by Rockwell, so some refer to these as Rockwell vases.

They made these in black, aqua, green, blue and purple glass in several different sizes; some with a silver parrot and some with a full-color parrot. The value of this vase is $350 to $400

resale.

Some sites that I recommend for selling are Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), Wanelo.com, http://www.decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Ioffer.com, Etsy.com, eBay and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them.
Please do click the stars now for this one (bonuses are also welcome!), it is very important for me
to get five-star feedback for answers.

e061d46e-b0c7-46cb-9f97-...jpge061d46...jpg5788e21b-0a43-4663-85ad-...jpg5788e21...jpg5125c1a9-19aa-4bb4-8d81-...jpg5125c1a...jpg
Here are the additional pictures you requested, if needed and thank you for the information it was quite informative and helpful.
Back.jpgBack.jpgBottom.jpgBottom.jpgLeft Side.jpgLeft Side.jpgLooking Down From Top.jpgLooking...jpgRight Side.jpgRight S...jpg

resale. You are safe to use silver paste polish on the silver but don't go over the bird painted area.

to get five-star feedback for answers.

Rarewares