Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I am trying to research about a painting that I own. It has…

Customer Question
I am trying to...

I am trying to research about a painting that I own. It has local history in Western Colorado where I am from. Its an Odalisque Saloon art circa 1918-1923 58 inch by 86 inches I have tried to research more about it but can not find anything

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?

It has a signature on it but I am not sure...a very similar painting is in a book and that signature is the last name Bishop believed to be a father and son team. It was restored a bit (not sure what exactly) in the 70s its very good condition, nothing is wrong with it

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/11/2018
Antique Expert: LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser replied 4 months ago
LadyTanya65
LadyTanya65, Certified Appraiser
Hi can you post a few photos of this painting. I would be happy to help you. I would like to see the overall painting and clear close up of the signature. Thank you to post here click on the file upload or paperclip button. And follow the prompts. Look forward to helping you.
I will have to try and get a clear picture of the signature. It has a frame and that is covering a lot of the signature. Here is what I have right now. I know circa 1918-1923 Oil Painting from Western Colorado. 58 inch by 85 inch. I will add more pictures when I can that are closer up.

Thank you I appreciate the photo. I will need the signature to decipher the artist. I will go by what you above also to begin this Thank you I will check back again tomorrow to check on signature photos

I will have to get that this coming up weekend. Its in a frame and it more than half way covers the signature.:( I don't know how I can see it....this thing is massive hanging on a wall. I am nervous to move it and I'm not sure how I can seperate that corner to see. Will let you know. Thank you
Oh my yes don't try and remove it. if you can take a clear shot of what you can get I will see if I can decipher any if it an early compare works to your description and what I can do. Thank you I don't want you hurt or the painting. I will check back later