Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have jewelry that I think was uniquely made in maybe

For Rarewares only- I have...
For Rarewares only- I have jewelry that I think was uniquely made in maybe Africa? Any help would be appreciated- the first item is a thick heavier bracelet
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage6.jpgimage7.jpgimage7.jpgimage8.jpgimage8.jpgimage9.jpgimage9.jpg
3/11/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

I am unable to find a match for this many items. I will opt-out and allow another expert to answer.
They will see our conversation and your photos. I am not able to respond once I opt-out. Good luck!

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser

Hello

My name is ***** ***** I can help you. I have many books on antique and unique jewelry.

First did you purchase this jewelry in Africa?

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
This is a customer’s mothers that traveled a lot and has a lot of items from Africa but has family in England also do not sure where they were purchased

Thanks,

They could be from Africa. Can you tell me exactly what each piece is, I see the Carved Bracelet that appears to be a silver or pewter, then I see the coral and silver cuff bracelet , the bead necklace with the Silver Pendant, it appears to be Silver but, could also be a pewter. Then the orange bead item, I am not sure if that is a bracelet or what? Are the beads stone or is that wood? Is that a bracelet? Have you tested the metals to see if they are silver?

Glenda

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
The orange bead is a bracelet and the beads are not wood - I have not tested the metal- the one with the silver pendant may be a choker

Thank you, ***** ***** they are most likely a pewter or a mixed metal.

I can get values for you, and then you can get metal tester, test the metal if silver you can up the value. If this is ok.

.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
That is fine - I just did the magnet test to all of them and it didn’t stick

Hello

That will not show if the pieces are sterling. You need a test kit that you can order off Amazon in order to know if metal is sterling or gold etc.

.

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.

The Etched/Carved Silver Metal Bracelet has an estimated value on the current market for an average of $150.00-175.00, the Bead and Silver Pendent Necklace -$125.00-130.00, the Orange Bead Bracelet-$75.00-100.00, the Coral Cuff Bracelet-$140.00-165.00 Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
You can sell on Etsy, which is a great place to sell from, you list Vintage Items, they can stay until they sell. Much like having a little store online. There is also Amazon Market Place, and of course Ebay. You can also sell on Charish, where you consign items. All of these sites get you a lot of World Wide exposure and bring the best traffic. They are all great! All sites can be sold from with pick up only option.
.
If you sell to a dealer, antique shop or resell shop you can expect to get about 30-40% of what it is worth since they have to resell the item.
.
Please ask any question you might have about your answer before rating this.
.
It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
.
When you post a new question, please feel free to add "FOR GLENDA" at the beginning of your question so as to ensure that I will be the one who answers your question for you. You can also try the 'REQUEST AN EXPERT' function OR you can add me as a 'FAVORITE' to your personal expert.
.
Glenda,
.
If you do not mind rating this answer with the 5 star rating ( how we are compensated for our work ) I would greatly appreciate it.
.
You should see the rating stars at the top of the page on the left, if you do not find them please let me know.
.
If using a phone you have to scroll back to the top of the page where you started, there is a box that says finish rating! Then a box opens with stars in it, then you click the stars. If you are using the Just Answer App, then it is at the bottom of your page.
.
If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Glenda

You are very welcome, if you need anything else feel free asking for " Glenda "

Be glad to help you again

Have a great Sunday

Glenda

Glenda B.
Glenda B.
Glenda B., Antiques Appraiser