Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have a 7’ tall hand carved statue of the legendary country…

Customer Question
Hello my name is*****...

Hello my name is***** have a 7’ tall hand carved statue of the legendary country singer Hank Williams. It is finely detailed, and resembles a “cigar Indian statue”. It has extremely fine detail, and even metal frets, and actual guitar strings on the guitar he in holding. There is also fine detail of a pistol handle hanging out of his music note “nudie suite” that he is wearing. It was supposedly custom made for its original owner in either 1950, or 1951. It is definitely one of a kind, and I have often wondered about it’s worth. Any ideas about how to go about finding its worth? Thanks

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

I was told to look for a possible signature on it somewhere, but because of its size and weight I have never been able to move it around to find one, not would I know where, or even what to look for.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Antiques
3/11/2018
Antique Expert: Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher replied 4 months ago
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.