Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

These are the last ones- the first set is a smaller wooden…

For Jennifer only- these are...
For Jennifer only- these are the last ones- the first set is a smaller wooden piece and the second is a strange piece that has broken off from its base- the second group of pics/ approx 10” tall wooden piece
image0.jpgimage0.jpgimage1.jpgimage1.jpgimage2.jpgimage2.jpgimage3.jpgimage3.jpgimage4.jpgimage4.jpgimage5.jpgimage5.jpgimage6.jpgimage6.jpgimage7.jpgimage7.jpgimage8.jpgimage8.jpgimage9.jpgimage9.jpg
3/11/2018
AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher

Got it, in progress!

Jennifer

These are all fertility or fetish or ancestor figures.

The one with the round base is a Zande/Yanda female figure, 20th century. The value would be approximately $350.00.

The broken piece is Ashanti, and it seems to be ebony. The value is negligible with the damage, maybe $25.

The last appears to be a figural bedpost, or other type of finial. Suku. The value would be approximately $75.00.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jennifer can you verify this above
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Jennifer - I am not sure this was the one you were talking about

My sincere apology for the delay--I was out on the road all day yesterday dealing with a weather loss to a collection. I'm reviewing right now.

Jennifer

Yes, that's the $350 piece. The broken piece around $25, and the one without legs around $75.

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you!

You're welcome!

Jennifer

AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM