Antiques

Have antique repair questions? Ask an antiques appraiser

I have very ornately carved french provential furniture from…

I have very ornately...

I have very ornately carved french provential furniture from the1940's aproximately. Wondering if it is worth anything

Expert's Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Antiques Appraiser will be able to better assist you.

It belonged to my mother-in-law. She was married in the early forty's. It was made by Homer Brothers of Chicago. There is a couch, coffee table, two side tables, two chairs, and two lamps.

Expert's Assistant: Is there anything else the Antiques Appraiser should be aware of?

It is covered in white brocade. I also have a glass covered dining room table with six chairs /and two table leaves with pads/

3/11/2018
Rarewares
Rarewares, Antiques and Collectibles Researcher
Experience: Antiques dealer for 12+ years and collector for 30+ years specializing in American and European porcelain, glass, art, furniture, coins, watches, sterling silver, pocket watches, and jewelry.

My name is ***** ***** I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Are the tables marked underneath? Let me know if there are marks on the bottom of the lamps.

Tables are not marked due to glass tops. Don't understand what you mean on lamps.

The lamps are porcelain and those would be marked on the underside or back in some cases.

1) Homer Brothers of Chicago French Provincial carved and upholstered couch, 1940's, value of $500
2) Homer Brothers of Chicago French Provincial carved and upholstered gent's chair (tall) 1940's, valued at $300
3) Homer Brothers of Chicago French Provincial carved and upholstered ladies chair, (small) 1940's, valued at $200
4) A light wood carved coffee table with glass top, French Provincial style, 1940's valued at $175
5) Two 1940's two-tier Queen Anne leg side tables, $40 each
6) Three porcelain lamps, two males and one female, 1940's, attributed to Azzolin Brothers of Italy, $75 to $100 each
7) One Gentleman's carved walnut dining armchair in gold tufted velvet, 1950's reproduction, value of $100
8) French Provincial walnut dining table made in the 1950's, attributed to Joerns Brothers, value of $1400
9) French Provincial dining chairs in walnut with gold velvet upholstery attributed to Joerns Brothers, 1950's, $75 each

SELL FURNITURE

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

I really appreciate your information. I'm not quite sure what the 34 dollar fee is for.

The experts here are not employees of justanswer.com, experts are verified users who do not handle charges,
fees, credit cards, memberships or subscriptions in any way or form.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid separately by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.

I do not participate in the phone service. I think we covered everything in writing.

Please do click the stars to rate my work, thanks!

By pressing the call button have I now paid the $34 fee?

No, I have rejected the call option so it will not charge you for that.

I can't do more than what was in the original query. You must finish this one by clicking the stars and

start a new question for a new item, thanks!

Rarewares